Have you ever wondered about your purpose in life or pondered your uniqueness? I recently heard that scientists are now able to take a sample of someone’s DNA and transpose it to music. Can you imagine what the sound of your song might be? I wonder if one day we might also know the lyrics. Consider how music used to be recorded and played in the grooves on vinyl records. Perhaps the grooves of our fingerprints contain the words God spoke when He formed us in our mother’s womb. If we could magnify our “one of a kind” fingerprints enough to read between the lines, I have no doubt we would find God’s unique plans and purposes for our lives written on our DNA. Until then, I’ve recorded in the grooves of this “Fingerprint” painting the following scriptures that I know He has written on us all.
- “Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places” (Psalm 16:5-6 NIV).
- “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:14-16 NIV).
- “And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered” (Matthew 10:30 NIV).
- “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand” (Psalm 16:11 NIV).
- “Many peoples will come and say, Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths” (Isaiah 2:3 NIV).
- “This is what the Lord says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls” (Jeremiah 6:16 NIV).
- “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile’” (Jeremiah 29:11-14 NIV).
- “The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance” (Psalm 33:10-12 NIV).
- “Enter by the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it” (Matthew 7:13-14 NIV).
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).
May we all come to know and fulfill the plans and purposes God has ordained for us.
By, Ginger E. Mosher
© All rights reserved by Ginger E. Mosher